Afternoon Tea in Nottingham City Centre
Taking Afternoon Tea at Josephine's Tea Room is the kind of experience that makes all of life's worries drift away for a couple of hours. Enjoy pleasant conversations over the traditional, yet vibrant classic three tier Afternoon Tea stand.
As an independent tea room, we are not constrained by fixed menus or selections. In fact it is highly unlikely that Afternoon Tea will be the same on any two days. Our chef's select sandwiches from a range of available fillings, including smoked salmon, roast beef and of course Dukes Hill ham.
Three tiers to heaven - sandwiches, homemade scone, sweet treats
Our Afternoon Tea doesn't come on any fancy or trendy stands, but on traditional three tier plate stands. A bottom plate of delicious fresh crustless finger sandwiches. A middle tier of a small batch scone made that day in our kitchen along with a ramekin of finest quality strawberry preserve and of course Roddas clotted cream (there is no alternative!). Lastly a top plate where our bakers and chef's will put together a cheerful selection of homemade cakes and other mouthwatering sweets.
Afternoon Tea, at any time of day
Enjoy Afternoon Tea when you want. Although we are very traditional this is one tradition that we're happy to put aside. You can enjoy afternoon tea over lunch or even as a pre-theatre treat.
No booking required
Although advisable, especially if you have dietary requirements, you do not need to book for Afternoon Tea at Josephine's. Booking does get you the advantage of securing a table for when you want and as a small tea room we can get very very busy. If you are going to book then please note there is a £10 per person deposit. Please ensure you fully understand the terms and conditions of booking (see below).
Booking Afternoon Tea via the website is very simple - just complete the table booking form below. We'll contact you to take a deposit and confirm your details.
Book a table
Sorry, our table booking system is currently inactive
Terms and Conditions of Bookings
We only accept bookings for meals and Afternoon Tea.
- Please note that ALL members of the party have to have afternoon tea in order to secure the booking. We reserve the right to reject mixed bookings of Afternoon Tea and other dishes.
- Afternoon Tea is individual - if you wish to share an Afternoon Tea there is a £10 service charge. Please mention at the time of booking. Shared Afternoon Teas will receive an extra cup, extra side plate and cutlery.
- You may not change your order to an alternative dish once you have booked without forfeiting the deposit.
- If you forfeit the deposit you are not entitled to receive any products prepared. The deposit is held towards the time taken to produce the products and the ingredients as well as the inconvenience caused by the booking change.
- You must give at least 24 hours notice if you wish to cancel and receive a full refund of the deposit.
- If you require a highchair this must be clearly stated at time of booking. Failure to do so may result in refusal of the booking on the day and loss of deposit.
- All dietary requirements must be declared at least 24 hours prior to the booking.
- We do not offer a Vegan option.
- If you have any dislikes in respect to types of sandwich fillings or cakes, please ensure you declare these when booking and we will try to accomodate. We cannot guarantee we can make changes on the day
- All allergies must be declared at the time of booking.